The Saaserhof is a traditional, family-run hotel with excellent spa facilities, good food and a welcoming ambiance, all in a great location just a few minutes walk to the resort centre and lifts. Great value family apartments sleeping up to 4 persons are available.
- In a central location on the main street
- Just 2 minutes' walk to the Felskinn gondola
- 5 minutes' walk to the Alpin Express
- Perfectly located next to the nursery slopes
- Ski to and from the hotel door, conditions permitting
Twin rooms have bath or shower, balcony, radio, cable TV, telephone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes and minibar.
Some twins are available for single occupancy.
Spacious 2-room apartments for 3-4 persons, most suitable for 2 adults and 1-2 children, with shower, balcony, twin bedroom and sitting room with double sofa bed, are also available.
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Excellent 5 course evening meal with choice of main course
- "Wellness" spa area with sauna, steambaths, jacuzzi, fitness room, relaxation room and small children's paddling pool (free), private sauna, solarium and massage (pay locally)
- Attractive dining room
- Cosy rustic bar with open fireplace
- Weekly entertainment programme
- Children's playroom (unsupervised)
- Wi-Fi (free)
- Ski storage with boot heating facility
Picturesque, traffic-free village, full of traditional Swiss charm
- High altitude skiing & guaranteed snow
- Magnificent backdrop of 4,000m peaks
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
It’s sometimes said that the quaint resort of Saas-Fee resembles Zermatt as it once was - which is no criticism of Zermatt…just that Saas-Fee still speaks of another era when things moved at a slower pace and with a more traditional ambience.
With an excellent snow record and glacier skiing, Saas-Fee is a beautiful high Alpine village deservedly known as ‘the Pearl of the Alps.’ What is also remarkable is the way such a superb ski area has been superimposed on such picturesque but wild glacial terrain.
The charming traffic-free resort is surrounded by a magnificent backdrop of towering peaks and dazzling blue glaciers, including the Dom, the highest mountain entirely in Switzerland.
The excellent network of pistes, which also include the areas of Saas-Grund and Saas-Allmagell further down the valley, caters for all levels and ages and with the majority of runs being blue and red, it is ideal for intermediates. Families will appreciate the friendly atmosphere as well as the fantastic beginners’ area in the village.
Ski area: 145 km
Runs: Blue 20, Red 19, Black 6
Longest run: 9 Km
Snowparks: 2 snowparks
Lifts: Drag lifts 22, Chairlifts 4, Cable-cars 4
Slope direction: N,E,W
Ski/resort bus: Saas Fee is traffic-free. 'Elektro-bus' Free
Skiing in Saas Fee
Beginners skiing in Saas Fee
The nursery slopes at one end of the village are perfect for beginners and youngsters. The more confident can exercise their new skills on the smooth blue runs of the Felskinn.
Intermediates skiing in Saas Fee
Intermediates have the run of the slopes, including the steeper reds at Plattjen, not forgetting the stamina-testing long descent from Mittelallalin at 3,500m all the way back to the village.
Advanced skiing in Saas Fee
A few good challenging runs can be found, including the short steep blacks from Felskinn and Spielboden, and ‘Galen’ offering a difficult descent in the lower section of Plattjen.
Snowboarding in Saas Fee
Saas Fee is popular with snowboarders of all levels, for its cruising pistes and its snow park with its half-pipe, kickers and rails. Not to mention its nightlife!
Things to do in resort
- Full programme of après-ski events
- NEW resort indoor swimming pool and wellness area 'Aqua Allalin'
- 'Mittelallin' restaurant - the world's highest revolving restaurant
- 'Glacier fun' adventure land, snowtube and ski-doo park
- Adrenalin cup - compete in up to 10 disciplines and included on the Citizen's Pass
- Ice Climbing World Cup takes place in Jan
- Glacier Paradise with new ice grotto
- Bobsleigh run
- Ice skating
- Village museum
- Torchlit walks
- Cross country tracks
- Toboganning & sledging