Ideally located on the edge of the central pedestrian area of Zell am See’s medieval old town and only a short walk from the City Xpress gondola, the traditional Hotel Fischerwirt offers a home-from-home atmosphere and friendly personal service. You can use the modern leisure area at the interconnected Romantik Hotel (pay locally) or use the hotel’s own small leisure area.
Centrally located in the pedestrian zone, 3 minutes’ walk (250m) from the City Xpress gondola
- 17m² 'Klassik' Austrian twins have bath or shower
- 20m² 'Klassik' Austrian twins with bath or shower and balcony
- 24m² 'Komfort' Austrian twins sleep up to 4 people, have bath or shower and balcony
- All rooms have cable TV, radio, safe, minibar, hairdryer and free Wi-Fi
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4 course evening meal with 3 choices of main dish plus salad buffet, weekly starter and dessert buffet
- Various weekly speciality buffets and dinners
- Bar and lounge area
- Residents’ restaurant
- Fischerwirt spa area with sauna and infrared cabin (Free)
Romantik-Hotel’s modern leisure area (€15 per day)
- Sun terrace with loungers and panoramic mountain views
- Wi-Fi internet access (Free)
Zell am See
Superb, varied skiing, with the Kitzsteinhorn glacier ensuring guaranteed snow
The Zell am See-Kaprun ski area is most famously known for the Schmittenhöhe mountain in Zell am See and the Kitzsteinhorn glacier at nearby Kaprun which are conveniently linked by a free ski bus.
The new Glacier Jet 3 & 4 lifts open up new ski runs on the Glacier, ideal for intermediate to advanced skiers.
Zell’s pedestrianised town centre is perched on the edge of Lake Zell and the atmosphere is boosted by regular music events, markets and festivals.
Families are well catered for with a dedicated kid’s slope on the Schmittenhöhe in Zell featuring a combination of obstacles, tunnels and slalom course, and Kaprun’s Maiskogel mountain which is home to wide open, gentle slopes for learning and special kids’ meals at local restaurants.
Ski and Snowboard Information
Learn at the top of the City Xpress, which allows access to the best snow conditions and wonderful views.
Will enjoy the wide open red runs on the Sonnenalm; alternatively take the Hirschkogel lift over to the Areit side and enjoy the long Schüttabfahrt down to Schüttdorf.
Head over to the Sonnenalm for some off-piste and moguls or take one of the black runs back down to the village. Guests who purchase the Salzburg Super Ski pass can also ski in nearby Saalbach/Hinterglemm (approx. €12 return on the bus).
Boarders will enjoy the new Fun Park on the Schmitten, as well as the blues and reds on the Sonnenalm.
Rome Park fun park on the Schmitten, Glacier Park on the Kitzstienhorn.
Free with lift pass between Zell am See and Kaprun.
Things To Do
- Cross country tracks
- Ice skating
- Sleigh rides
- A full programme of après-ski events
- Leisure centre with pool
- Indoor tennis and squash centre (Kaprun)
- Floodlit cross-country