Chalet Hotel Breithorn in Champoluc is full of charm and is proving to be a popular choice with our guests. It is a lovely, traditional hotel which has been beautifully restored and modernised whilst respecting all its traditional Alpine features and character. The spacious lounge and reception area has a warming open fire, wooden vaulted ceilings and comfortable furniture to make you feel at home as soon as you arrive.
At a glance
- Delightful Chalet Hotel, full of character
- 5 minutes' walk to the main ski gondola
- Village Centre location
- FREE overnight storage of pre-booked or own skis/board, just by the main ski lift
- Wellness Centre with whirlpool bath, sauna, steam-room and massage showers
- Lounge with open fireplace, free Wifi and a separate library
- Beautiful wood panelled bedrooms
- 31 bedrooms, all en suite and different in layout and decoration, some sleeping 3 or 4 people
Location really is key here and it is a flat walk to the 6-person gondola in the village centre. This gondola leads up to the beginner’s slopes and more intermediate skiing beyond. The run home ends at the same point and for your convenience we have arranged with the ski hire shop that all skis or boards (whether hired or your own) can be left there overnight to save carrying them the (short-walk) to the Chalet Hotel.
- Substantial breakfast - continental buffet breakfast on 7 mornings with hot option provided for 6 days
- Afternoon tea/coffee with cake and savoury treats on 6 days
- 3-course buffet style dinners on 6 evenings including a prosecco apéritif, choice of complimentary quality wines and tea or coffee
- Traditional Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings, including Champagne apéritif for Christmas holidays
*Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea and dinner is 6 days per week, due to Chalet hotel staff's day off.
The Chalet Hotel is a perfect mix of traditional and modern to give the ideal atmosphere of a special mountain retreat and a base for the skiing trip. The hotel has recently been lovingly restored and all the traditional features retained thus keeping the unique character of the hotel and a clever combination of old and new.
There is a spacious lounge with a small bar and reception area with an open log fire, beautiful carved vaulted wooden ceilings and comfortable furniture on which to relax. The pictures on the wall add a distinguished air and traditional Alpine decorations will remind you that you are in the mountains.
Off the lounge is a small library with a selection of books, perfect as a quiet place to read. There is also a sun terrace, on which you can enjoy some late afternoon sun and an après ski drink at the end of the day.
The restaurant is on the lower ground floor and is spacious and tastefully decorated, in accordance with the rest of the property. This is where all meals are taken including the highlight of the day, the Culinary Choice 5-course dinners, all served with quality wines.
In addition the Chalet Hotel also has a Wellness Centre with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and massage showers which we are sure will be appreciated by our guests.
There are a total of 31 bedrooms which all differ in layout and decoration. No two rooms are alike except that they are all beautifully decorated with attractive wooden features and decorations. The beds are all twin/doubles so can be made in to twin or double beds and all have en suite facilities. All of the bedrooms have a TV and DVD player, safe and hairdryer.
Most of the Large and Superior rooms have an extra bed for a child. On the 4th floor are larger superior rooms which have mountain views and either shower or hydromassage bath. There is also a Junior Suite on the 4th floor with a lounge and separate bedroom.