This chalet is a real gem as very few properties in this resort offer doorstep skiing.
Totally renovated last summer, it now boasts lovely wooden interiors to create the charm and peaceful ambience of a truly beautiful Alpine getaway.
Snow Report - Upper Piste 220cm. Piste Quality, Excellent
The open-plan lounge and dining room is on the top floor and has character apex ceilings, comfy sofas, a wood burning stove, terrace and a south-facing balcony with incredible views.
The resort centre is just 3 minutes' walk (250m), where there is a choice of bars and restaurants. It is a 5 minute walk to the ski school meeting place and the ESF kindergaten.
Chalet Genepy Highlights
- Ski-in/ski-out, one of the best locations in Montgenèvre
- Ski 100m to Chalmettes gondola
- Newly renovated in summer 2015
- Panoramic views
- Skier’s breakfast, afternoon tea/coffee with a freshly baked cake and 4 course evening meals inc. pre-dinner apéritif, choice of complimentary wines, tea/coffee & chocolates V
- Chalet entrance with ski racks and boot storage, sauna, 2nd lounge/reading room
- Room 1: Small double with shower/wc
- Room 2: Triple (3 single beds) with bath/wc
- Room 3: Twin with shower/wc.
- Further chalet entrance with ski racks and boot storage
- Room 4: Double with shower/wc/terrace
- Room 5: Double with shower/wc/terrace
- Room 6: Small double with shower/wc
- Room 7: Double with bath/wc/terrace
- Open-plan lounge with wood burning stove and dining area with terrace and balcony.
N.B.: Floor plans are for guidance only and are not to scale.
This property does not have a lift and is accessible via the piste.
"Free wine included worth over €100"
Skiers' Breakfast is included 7 days per week†
Afternoon tea and coffee and a freshly baked cake†
4-course dinners, including pre-dinner apèritif, choice of complimentary wines with dinner followed by tea/coffee & chocolates†
Special celebratory dinners on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve
†Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea and dinner is 6 days per week, due to chalet staff's day off.
- Open-plan lounge and dining room,
- Ski racks and boot storage
- 2nd lounge/reading room
This traditional French resort is a firm family favourite and has an enviable snow record and skiing over into Italy.
- High altitude skiing & guaranteed snow
- Family friendly resort with opportunity to ski in Italy
- Short transfers from Turin Airport
Proudly sat at the gateway between France and Italy, Montgenèvre boasts French charm with an Italian flair. Don't let the 300 days of sunshine fool you, its high altitude skiing above the cross-border pass has one of the best snow records in France and the Monts de la Lune lift pass also covers the resorts of Claviere and Cesana in Italy and a day skiing the Milky Way.
Spot the abandoned fortresses from the peaks of Les Gondrans and peer over to Italy from the summit of the Col Saurel. With wide and uncrowded pistes, this area is an excellent choice for beginners and advanced skiers alike, plus the new Durancia spa, Monty Express toboggan and great value mountain restaurant Le Chalvet all add to why we feel now is the time to holiday in Montgenèvre.
Beginners skiing in Montgenèvre
Visit the Gondrans section of the resort for the best nursery slope which also has a fenced off moving carpet and draglift for a stress free introduction. There's also some great breezy green runs in the area as your skills improve.
Intermediates skiing in Montgenèvre
The area is ideal for Intermediates to build confidence and cover significant distances. It offers varied skiing both above the tree line and through the trees especially to Claviere from Pian del Sole. The black runs in the Chalvet sector are inviting for the confident intermediate skier.
Advanced skiing in Montgenèvre
Advanced skiers have the opportunity to ski some real unspoilt off piste areas. We suggest you hire a guide who can show you some fantastic hidden runs and don't forget it's also possible to arrange heli-skiing on the Italian side of the border.
Snowboarding skiing in Montgenèvre
Snowboarding is also catered for, with a good choice of wide pistes and varied terrain.
Ski area; 400 km
Runs; Blue - 67, Red - 97, Black - 41
Longest run; 7 Km
Snowparks; 1 Sauze d'Oulx, 4 Milky Way area.
Lifts; Drag lifts 21, Chairlifts 36, Cable-cars 1
Slope direction; N,S
Ski/resort bus Payable locally