Situated in the Quartier des Bergers on the East side of Alpe d’Huez.
The Alpauris chair is just 320 metres (approx.) and for beginners the main ski school meeting point is just 300 metres (approx.) from the chalet. Conveniently, to make your ski holiday even easier Les Bergers’ small selection of shops and bars are only a short walk away.
Superb access to ski hire - Only 300 metres (approx.) from rental shop
Chalet Friandise was newly built last season. It has proved to be a real crowd pleaser and that is not simply due to the heated boot dryers. Constructed using traditional timber and stone, it blends perfectly with the stunning alpine backdrop.
The interior facilities juxtapose the subtle exterior design, featuring four crisply appointed modern bedrooms each with a spacious en suite bathroom and a large open-plan living area with floor to ceiling windows which run almost the entire length of the room.
An outdoor terrace provides mountain views and opportunities to enjoy stunning alpenglow sunsets as well as soothing away the aches in your own private hot tub after a hard day’s skiing. And if this is not enough the chalet also boasts a sauna for you to enjoy!
As rooms 1 and 4 can be configured either as twin or king-sized beds, we will make them up as twins unless we are advised otherwise.
This is a Superior chalet so you can enjoy extra features including a warm reception of vin chaud, delicious four course meals and additional indulgent extras
In addition to the catering service which we provide in our Classic chalets, you will enjoy:
- Warming vin chaud upon arrival
- A cooked breakfast with eggs and a variety of hot options such as; bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and hash browns with croissants and pain au chocolat (or local breads, ham and cheese in Austria and Switzerland)
- A fresh fruit bowl throughout your stay
- Aperitifs and canapes on 5 nights
- A freshly cooked 4 course, locally inspired, menu including a cheeseboard for one night less than the duration of your holiday. Accompanied by a selection of Silver grade wines with freshly made coffee and after-dinner chocolates to finish.