These cosy open-plan log cabins, are in a highly scenic and peaceful wooded location 3-5 minutes' walk (250-450m) from Äkäs Hotel main reception building.
Excellent extensive cross-country ski trails start from the door. Äkäs Hotel itself is an atmospheric, friendly hotel situated in the traditional unspoiled Lappish village of Äkäslompolo. Its popular bar, dance floor, restaurant and night club form the hub of local entertainment.
Cabin guests have free use of the hotel swimming pool, sauna and fitness room.
- Location: 5 minutes' walk (500m) to the village centre
- Free ski bus stops outside the Hotel (250m)
1-room open-plan log Cabin 31m² (sleeps 1-3) -
- All recently refurbished cabins have Shower, Sauna, WC, Hairdryer
Fireplace (free firewood), Satellite TV
- Fridge, Microwave, 2 ring hob, Coffee maker
- Twin beds and single sofa bed
- Linen, towels, firewood and final clean included
- Wi-Fi access (daily fee)
- Sleeps 1-3
- Self catering
- Optional pre-bookable half board taken at Akäs Hotel (250-350m away) - from £175pp
All Facilities are located in the 'Äkäs' Hotel
- Bar with large dance floor
- Free use of gym, sauna, indoor swimming pool
- Spa treatments (pay locally)
- Free use of guest PC in lobby
- WI-FI available in all cabins for a small daily fee
An unspoiled winter wonderland with magnificent national park scenery
Ylläs combines all the ingredients necessary for a perfect Lapland experience. Guests return year after year to enjoy its stunning unspoiled natural scenery, Finland’s longest ski slopes and excellent network of cross-country trails. It offers a wide choice of activities and safaris, including exhilarating reindeer, husky and snowmobile safaris.
The skies here are especially clear, ideal for witnessing the magical Northern Lights. The resort comprises two Lappish villages set 15 minutes apart connected by a resort shuttle bus: Äkäslompolo and Ylläsjärvi where the Ylläs Saaga Spa Hotel and Ylläs Saaga Apartments enjoy a panoramic slopeside position.
Excursion and Activity Information
- Santas Secret Home (4 Dec - 14 Jan) - £48
- Reindeer Farm Visit and Safari - £42
- Northern Lights Horse Sleigh - £48
- Snowmobile Safari - £59-85
- Husky Safari - £37-74
- Horse-riding Safari - £63
- Laino Snow Hotel Visit - £27
- Snowshoe Safari - £37
- Aurora Photo Workshop - £31
Some of the above activities can be prebooked
Skiing in Ylläs
- Yllas 7 Day Lift Pass: £164 per Adult
Beginner skiing in Ylläs
An ideal resort in which to learn to ski or board. Uncrowded perfectly groomed slopes, small classes and friendly English speaking instructors.
Pre-bookable Learn to Ski and Learn to Snowboard weeks are available for complete beginners from only £255pp (ski) and £279 (snowboard) and include:
- 7 days lift pass
- 7 days 'Blue' ski/board & boot hire
- 5 days tuition (1½ hrs per day)
Intermediate skiing in Ylläs
Great area for early intermediates with wide flattering runs and no lift queues.
Advanced skiing in Ylläs
Limited challenges but some good off-piste snow conditions.
Snowboarding in Ylläs
2 floodlit snow parks with jumps, a super-pipe and boarder-cross course.
Cross-country skiing in Ylläs
Excellent for all ability levels with refreshment huts and unlimited trails in wonderful scenery.