Grindelwald; 4-Star Half Board Week
- Hotel Spinne
- 7 Nights
- Board Basis:
- Half Board
- Return Flights
- Atol Protection
- 20kg Luggage Allowance
- Resort Transfers
- Half Board
- Central Location
- Please call 0114 250 4042 for available departure dates
Hotel Spinne, Grindelwald
The family-run Spinne offers good-quality cuisine and facilities in a central location on Grindelwald's main street. It enjoys wonderful views of the Eiger and surrounding mountains and has good facilities including small wellness area.
- Centrally located
- Just 5 minutes' walk (500m) from the 'First' gondola and ski school meeting place
- The station for the mountain train to Kleine Scheidegg skiing area is approx. 7 minutes’ walk away (700m)
- The free ski bus stops just outside
- All bedrooms are furnished in a cosy Alpine-style and have bath, satellite flat screen TV, telephone, radio, minibar, safe, hairdryer and tea/coffee-making facilities with tea and coffee replenished daily
- North-facing twin rooms can sleep up to 3 guests
- South-facing twin rooms have balcony or terrace with Mount Eiger views
- Singles are north-facing (no balcony)
- Rooms are in two interconnecting wings
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4 course evening meal with choice of main course
- Weekly salad or dessert buffets
- Welcome drink with management
- All rooms have tea/coffee-making facilities
- 'Wellness' area with herbal and Finnish saunas, kneipp, steambath, 'experience' showers, whirlpool and relaxation room (Free), massage (pay locally) - Please note: Swimsuits are not permitted in the wellness area
- Cosy lounge with open fireplace and bar
- Espresso bar
- Dining room with Eiger views
- Italian à la carte restaurant
- 'Mascalero' nightclub
- Ski room with boot heating facility
- Wi-Fi throughout and public PC with internet access (Free)
- Entertainment: Mascalero night club: sound-proofed. Over 18s only permitted.
- Safe deposit boxes available from reception.
- Free entrance to resort swimming pool and ice rink
- Free weekly curling evening for hotel guests
Traditional village with fabulous skiing at the foot of the mighty Eiger
At a glance
- High altitude skiing & guaranteed snow
- Extensive skiing with links to Wengen & Mürren
- Friendly village set in spectacular scenery
This traditional mountain village is set amidst spectacular scenery at the foot of the towering north face of the Eiger. Easy access via mountain train, gondola and cable-car to the ‘Jungfrau’ ski region including the pistes linking Kleine Scheidegg and Männlichen means that you can tackle the challenging Lauberhorn race run, have lunch in Wengen, and be home in time for tea. Or spend the day cruising the long red runs at ‘First’, Grindelwald’s own ski area.
Non-skiers have fantastic winter walking possibilities with the non-skiers lift pass, whilst the friendly village has numerous shops, bars and cafés.
Ski and Snowboard Information
Beginners skiing in Grindelwald
Ski school meets at Bodmi nursery slopes at the top of the village and the wide blue runs of sunny ‘First’, Grindelwald’s own ski area, are excellent for gaining your confidence.
Intermediates skiing in Grindelwald
There's a great variety on offer, including the long red runs on ‘First’ and at Kleine Scheidegg and the more challenging tree-lined reds of Männlichen, the latter also giving access to the longest runs in the region, ending in Grund.
Advanced skiing in Grindelwald
Excellent possibilities for experienced skiers, including the 12km Lauberhorn race run!
Snowboarding in Grindelwald
'First' is a mecca for boarders, with a warm-up park on Oberjoch, plus the ‘White Elements’ terrain park and half pipe at Bärgelegg.
Things to do
- Full programme of après-ski events
- 'World Snow Festival (Snow Sculpture) (16-20 Jan)
- 'First Flyer' - Europe's first aerial cableway
- Longest toboggan run in Europe (15km)
- Superb network of winter walking trails with wonderful views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains
- Excellent train links to Brig, Interlaken, Thun and Berne for sightseeing
- Swimming pool
- Ice skating, curling
- Indoor rope park
- Bowling,sleigh rides, ice climbing
- 'Ice Magic' ice skating experience in nearby Interlaken
- Scenic sightseeing helicopter flight tours of the Jungfrau region
* Additional Charges
If the number of people staying in this room is less than the maximum occupancy, there may be a slight charge for under-occupancy. Booking fee’s apply on all bookings and will be confirmed at the time of booking. Minimum booking fee £6 per person.
Terms and Conditions
All property information is the tour operators brochure description and is provided by an independent source. Facilities and amenities described herein can not be guaranteed by the Agent. All holidays are subject to availability changes. When a deal is gone, it is gone.
Certain countries require visas prior to travel. It is your responsibility to check for any necessary visa or inoculation requirements for your destination.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information click here.